The IP26 is the boat that launched Island Packet, beginning its reputation for strongly built, smooth-riding sailing cruisers.
Janina, hull #62 (1983), is the improved Mark II version, which added wheel steering. She sports most of the factory-optional features and amenities, not found on all 26s—including knife centerboard (2’8″ draft), cutter rig, flotation cockpit cushions, and a rare but very useful cabin locker. We have installed a custom Edson navigation pedestal, to our knowledge unique among 26s. The exceptionally large cockpit will seat nine.
Interior mahogany gives a warm welcome as you go below. Cabin space rivals the cockpit. Her 6’2″ standing headroom and 10’6″ beam mean the crew is never in each other’s way. Unlike in many pocket cruisers, you can turn around easily in the head. A flip-up extension expands the galley when needed, and an oversized leaf table reaches to both settees. Besides the clothes locker, there are a wet locker, six storage compartments, five behind-seat food and equipment areas, a compartmentalized galley drawer, a huge china/cookwear shelf, and under it all, room for tools and spare parts. The icebox is huge. She is family and guest friendly, comfortably sleeping four plus a child. As her previous owner told us, “She’s a BIG little boat!”
Janina has been in the family for 15 years, and we’ve updated and improved her annually for better navigation, safety, and convenience. Recent additions total more than $13,000. Among them:
• Full suite of Garmin electronics, including:
– GPSMap 7610 touch screen chartplotter
– xHD 18 radar
– VHF 300 radio, with AIS receive and remote mic (stations in cabin and at helm)
– gWind sail pack (vane, transducer, integrated display)
– NMEA 2000 backbone (radar/AIS/wind/depth data also show on chart plotter)
– Mast mounted loudspeaker (with auto fighorn)
• Edson helm pedestal and safety bar; custom mahogany chart plotter mount
• DC wiring inspected and renewed; new fuse panel and Blue Sea AFD main switch
• All running and interior lighting changed to LED
• Solar ventilators (head and galley)
• Fusion FM radio, with Bluetooth connectivity and stereo speakers
• Back-up main halyard
• Whisker pole
• 2 anchors:
– 25 lb CQR main with 150′ rode (22′ chain)
– 13 lb Danforth with 200’+ rode
• Horseshoe life sling
• New Jabsco head, new holding and water tanks
• Mosquito netting custom fitted to companionway and V-berth hatch
• Fairclough canvas winter cover
• PFDs, dock lines, fenders
The sail set includes heavy-duty North Sails main and genoa, plus a Yankee staysail. The full-battened main is Dutchman rigged for controlled flaking. The sails have been professionally inspected annually and repaired as needed. Sheet winches were rebuilt in 2021.
Before last season we commissioned a thorough engine inspection and tummy-tickle, which resulted in a new exhaust elbow and replacement of the fuel pump, all fuel hoses, and Racor filter housing. (13 hp Yanmar 2GMF, uses approx. 1/3 gal. diesel/hour)
For years we cruised Janina from Nantucket Sound to Narragansett Bay/Block Island. In 2018 we sailed her to Maine and have explored its coast from Kittery to Swan’s Island. Janina is now harbored in Round Pond and calls Muscongas Bay her home waters.
Janina is a remarkably well-equipped and comfortable coastal cruiser. We wish for you as many years of enjoyment as she has given us.
A portion of the sale will benefit the Maine Island Trail Association.
Area Has No Listings (Please Zoom Out)
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.