This is hull #2 of the Gulfstream 30 class (Design #1147 by Sparkman and Stephens). She was built in 1956 for Dr. Gould and sailed from Southampton Long Island for nearly 40 years. After the death of Dr. Gould, his widow donated the boat to the Massachusetts Maritime Academy where it was acquired by the present owners. The boat went through a bottom-up rebuild By Anders Langendal between 1998-2004. The present owners have rigorously maintained and upgraded the boat since the 2004 relaunch. She is now freshly painted inside and out and in the water ready to go!
Repair History and Upgrades for Step Lively
1999-2004: Extensive professional bottom-up rebuild by Anders Langendal, Greenport L.I., N.Y
• Repairs to keel and sternpost, replacement of top section of stem, new transom and rim log, repairs to planking hood ends at bow and stern.
• New mast step incorporating new floor timbers to distribute load with lead ballast cast to fit in mast step extension.
• Removal and re-installation of all cast bronze floors.
• Extensive repairs to frames throughout.
• New engine beds, engine re-installed.
• Removal, repair and re installation of fuel and water systems.
• New bottom planking from garboard to turn of the bilge. Remaining bottom planking was refastened.
• New fiberglass decks and cabintop, new toerails and trim. Cabin trunk, coamings and hatches removed and re-bedded. Aft end of cabin replaced.
• Complete rebuild of cockpit to original S & S specifications (with storage locker access at seating).
• Complete renewal of electrical system.
• Keelbolts checked. New forward keelbolts incorporated into new mast step.
• Lead transition ballast installed at forward edge of lead ballast keel.
• Wooden mast and boom. (Slab reefing installed on boom 2021).
• Danforth Constellation Compass.
• VHF radio cable in mast replaced in 2022.
• Masthead wind indicator.
• Winches: Two Harken two-speed bronze self tailing primaries, Two Merriman #2 winches for main and jib halyards. One #1 Merriman for downhaul. Spare handles for all winches.
• Harken Mark IV roller furling headstay with Harken guide blocks leading to cockpit.
• Excellent standing and running rigging.
• 1” bronze T track with two wooden shell stand-up blocks on toerail. Two sets of cars on tracks.
• Two wooden shelled snatch blocks.
• Two Nicro soft snatch blocks.
• Cockpit cushions (new foam 2022).
• Boat Hook and spinnaker pole.
• Recent Pope Sails: Mainsail 2021, 155% genoa 2022, 130% genoa 2017, 110% working jib 2018.
• Older mainsail and heavy weather jib.
• Two 0.75 oz spinnakers, older but good condition, one by Hood and one by Shore Sails with spinnaker sock.
• Recent jib and spinnaker sheets, twings, and halyards.
Anchoring and Docking
• Dock lines and spring lines.
• 200’ 5/8” rode and Rockna Anchor.
• Two Fenders and Fenderboard.
Mechanical and Electrical:
• Universal 25 Hp Diesel engine (2011) with 295 hours.
• Vari-prop 3 bladed feathering propeller
• Two Deep cycle Marine Batteries, new 2021.
• Guest battery switch.
• Rule Automatic bilge pump.
• Horizon VHF radio with masthead antenna.
• Garmin chartplotter and depth finder on swinging bracket.
• Three berth cushions.
• Origo two burner stove.
• Sea swing propane stove.
• Rebuilt ice chest and countertop.
• Stainless sink with pressure water.
• Thetford Port-a-Pottie and privacy curtain.
Area Has No Listings (Please Zoom Out)
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.